Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Hardware Upgrade Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosemarysBaby

Technical User
Apr 24, 2006
US
I am running 8 Terms, Win7, P1515, 2 MB Ram, 15 GB SSHD. I am working with the dealer to go from V6.7.72 to V12.xx. I will also be adding KDS probably by QSR, Take out/ Delivery mod as well.

Dealer says I need to upgrade all my terms to 1530's or better. I would like to wait as my 1515's are very clean and I have 4 more on the shelf.

1515 specs say they can run 4 MB Ram but dealer says will be useless in a 32 bit environment. Server is currently 32 bit.

Any thoughts as I hate to toss out 12 seemingly good terms? Would like to get another year or 2 out of them but I want software upgrade now.

I have a few site with 1515 and v12.3 with QSR KDS running on one of the FOH Term as failover. As long as .Net and VC is install you'll be fine. I don't have experience with Takeout / Delivery mods on this terms. I think is too demanding on processing and storage.

So being my 1st priority is upgrade to v12.3 and 2nd priority is KDS, would you say to hold off on Takeout / delivery until I am ready for all new Terms? Because that can work for me for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back