Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha EDC hld recovery mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottm52

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2005
US
Well...

Customer had a system blow up completely DURING a fileserver recovery... not good.

I have several hundred .hld files in the old server that havn't been processed. The trans.log and other data files are officially "borked"....

Is it safe to simply copy the .hld's into edc for processing? The real question being, if the hld's is all you've got.. What do you do?

THX

Scott

I'm no EDC expert, but here's my 2 cents.

To my understanding when EDC goes offline then live again, any hld's in the EDC folder are negated by the system because EDC can't verify the status of the hld's. In other words, it's possible some are paid and some still need to be paid.
Are all the hld's definetly confirmed to be untransacted (unpaid)?
Are there any spl's on the master?
I don't know if this will work but just as you would rename an spl to req,maybe rename an hld to req. Just a thought.

I was wondering about just renaming them... But the formats are subtly different so I'm unsure.

The master is gone (hence the issue in the first place). It was a pretty catastrophic event which took out the Server and Master terminals.. HLD's are all I've got.

THX

Scott

you can paste the hld files to the edc folder on the new fileserver. rename the hld extension to req on all of the files. (c:)(cd aloha\edc)(ren *.hld *.req)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back