Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALOHA EDC Gift Card Local Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaGoGo

Technical User
Mar 19, 2008
US
Does anyone know if alohaQS EDC is capable of hosting it's own database locally without having to use a 3rd party?

I am looking to be able to setup the Gift Cards locally without having to go through a 3rd party. I wanted to be able to use the feature using mag strip cards and host my own database. It doesnt make sense to use a fake monetary system and get charged outrageous services fee's.

thanks

The only option for you to house your own gift card database is gift certificate manager. Your Aloha dealer may or may not sell that. Most are using ecards now...

yeah, i installed that module but that only works with paper certificates which defeats the purpose of trying to use the mag strip cards. Radiant offers ecards for 100 per site per month which is not cost effective.

thanks for your reply.

The gift certificate manager program does support mag cards. They do have to be in encoded in a specific format but most card companies can customize the encoding.

With GC Manager you can also have different series of cards. Say for example you use one series as standard gift cards and another series as prizes for poker night.

The one thing that this program does not support is recharging the cards. If you have already paid for the program this will be the cheapest bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back