Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALOHA Declared tips not writing to the trans.log

Status
Not open for further replies.

eh85

Technical User
Apr 6, 2015
US
Aloha POS Quick Service 6.7.54 (also tested on 6.7.63)
CFC Version 13.9.0.8812

We use global jobcodes for the majority of our locations and if a location wants to modify a specific one we would version it off to that store.

Issue we are beginning to see is that we have our jobcodes no longer writing declared tips to the trans.log. I have tested it on our setup with at least one specific jobcode (bartender) by declaring tips and then viewing the labor and tip income reports where it will show 0.00. We have had locations call in with completely different jobcodes (Manager for instance) doing the same thing but when tested on our lab it would report correctly. The only solution we have found so far is to create a brand new jobcode with the exact same settings. (copying the jobcode to a new ID did not fix the issue)

I also had someone help me view the decrypted log and it showed declared tips as 0.00 in the trans.log offset during the clock out to further verify some kind of read/write issue is happening.

Has anyone experienced this issue in 6.7 QS yet? Not sure where to go from this point other than to contact NCR and have them look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back