Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Configuring Additional Terminal w/ XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy221

Technical User
May 17, 2012
US
I have a two terminal and BOH server Aloha system. One of my terminals is having intermittent HDD issues, i.e. Kernal Stack Inpage errors, etc. My other terminals run XP embedded, this terminal has XP full installed, i am trying to configure it to be my backup terminal in the event my other goes down, but am having trouble getting the network card to be recognized and then continue loading table service. Any help appreciated. Can the terminal run on XP full or does it need to be embedded? I know embedded is better but i could not find that OS anywhere to load onto the new HD in this backup terminal.

XP will work just fine. Check out the FAQ section above and follow the instruction on setting up an aloha terminal

Cheers,
Coorsman

Do all the steps in the FAQ have to be performed on the terminal as well, or is the FAQ geared towards the BOH computer?

Network media sense , sharing and computer name

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back