Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha clock in problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphous

Technical User
Sep 8, 2012
US
No matter what number we attempt to clock in with today we get a notice that says "Invalid employee number, try again"
When I try to login to Aloha Manager it gives me a screen that says "The user could not be validated for login to the system"
Then when I try to log into EDC it says "System could not find the entered user"

Can anyone help me figure out what might be wrong? The entire system was just fine yesterday, this only started today.

Thank you!

Sounds like the employees got deleted out of the system or the emp.dbf file got corrupted. What I would do would be to make a backup of your newdata folder 1st.
Go into My Computer and choose Drive C or D (whichever drive has Aloha installed on it), then go into the Aloha or AlohaQS folder. Inside here you should be able to find the NEWDATA folder. Copy the NEWDATA folder and paste it on your desktop. After this go into the Aloha folder again and pick a dated sub directory folder, such as 20120907, and then copy the EMP.DBF and EMP.CDX files. Paste these files into the Aloha\NEWDATA and Aloha\DATA folders, overwriting the existing copies. Try opening Aloha Manager after this. If it works, try running a refresh and see if the employees can clock in.

I have had this problem before, I used the update database function to grind data and newdata and it worked. worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back