Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha BOH upgrade from XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy221

Technical User
May 17, 2012
US
Looking to upgrade the no longer supported XP OS on the BOH fileserver to 7 or vista business ,currently running 6.5.24 Aloha Manager, looking for what the best suggested newer OS would be and how involved the upgrade process is

Windows 7 is probably the way to go for now. Should be fairly easy? I would suggest upgrading to at least 6.7.34 and upgrading EDC as well. I also strongly recommend upgrading to New Aloha Manager as well. Hope this helps.

Ziggy

With version 6.5 you will need to install Win 7 pro 32bit os. Not until 6.7 was 64 bit os supported. There are a few settings I change in windows to make Aloha run smoother. I disable interactive service. I have seen having this enabled eod can hang. You will need to set permissions correctly, disable simple file sharing, and a few other settings I do while on Auto pilot.

There are few prereqs that will need to be installed. VcRedirct 2005, 2008 to start

Disable Win10 update. Aloha will run with win10 as long as lana was set correct in Win7. I have people with versions 6.2 on Win 10 and it works fine.

6.5.56 was the final release of 6.5. I can share link via email.

if you want to discuss or need software, reach out to me. Contact info is on the website and I read all emails.

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back