Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha BackOffice Gift Certificate Problems (can't sell a new card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xywh

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2011
US
Hello.

My restaurant is having challenges selling new gift cards. We have the Aloha BackOffice Gift Certificate system - but use magnetic strip gift cards with them. Our prefix is 10501, for what it's worth.

We've been using the system for seven years or so. We routinely re-cycle cards by destroying, creating new inventory, and reissuing. Sometimes, for whatever reason, we get errors when we try to destroy or reissue, and we put the card in a "dud" pile. For the most part, though - this system has worked very well.

Up until today. We have a stack of unused gift cards. When my servers click on to sell a new gift card, before it even prompts you to swipe the card, the Aloha terminal says "No series are currently available for sale." So - I started troubleshooting on the BackOffice server.

Our certificate series is 1, and named "GIFT CARD." Again, prefix is 10501. When I go to Operations -> Inventory & Issue, the drop down box for Series is empty - you can't select it. One of my unused gift cards happens to be 9000000885. If I go to "Add Inventory" and try to add this card, it says "32755: Can't create certificate, already exists."

If I go into Reports -> Unissued Certificate Inventory Report, it DOES list the certificate number, and lists a $0 value. There are also about 200 other gift cards in the Unissued Certificate Inventory Report.

If I go into any of the other reports, it does not list the number at all.

So - if I have gift cards that are added to the inventory, why are they not displaying? Why can I not sell them? It's like there are stale entries in the database.

ALSO - just to test, I created a new series, and created a few test gift certificates, and everything worked fine.

Any ideas? Would GREATLY appreciate it!

Do you have the Gift Cert manual? that's about all I can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back