Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Auto Login With XP Embedded 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt5133e

Technical User
Mar 15, 2007
Ok here's the prob, the terminals auto-login.

I have to change the password on the back of house because the employees keep thinking it's email or my space time, but I don't know how to change the password on the terminals so that the auto login will work. Currently there is something that puts the default "hello" password in for the user: Aloha

any ideas?

thanks

This is what we use to get our XP machines to autologon, not sure if XP embedded is different:

Open RegEdit
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE|Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon
Set the following string values:
DefaultUserName = Aloha
DefaultPassword = hello (or whatever password you're using)
ForceAutoLogon = 1
AutoAdminLogon = 1

You could use TweakUI or Autologon (Windows Sysinternals Website) to Auto-login to XPe and bypass whatever else might be used to login. I think what zahead31 said about the registry will work in XPe as well.

If the terminals are static IP assigned why not simply remove the DNS address from the terminal IP settings.

Presto no internet yet you still have all of your networking capabilities

the reg edit thing did it!!

yay!

The thing about the dns and the ip for the terminals, well that was already done and the terminals are on a network separate from the rest of the system. The problem was that the office some times needs to be accessible but employees were getting on the BOH server and surfing etc. But not any more!

I would do what JamiRpower recommended. The terminals won't connect out to the Internet if you remove the DNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back