Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Applying a comp via code

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJPS06

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2007
US
OK I have a weird one here.

We are offering some of our customers a discount based on their purchases (via code called with FOH COM) when the employee during the Close Check process. We do NOT want the employee to have to click the Comp button to select the comp. I have successfully figured out how to do all of this with one huge exception.

I am using the ApplyPayment intercept, and I am able to parse the check (thanks Bo, your advice helped the other day) identify the qualifying items and apply a copy using the Iber Function ApplyComp. The problem is that the CC has been authorized BEFORE the discount was applied so the voucher prints with a pre disount amount and an overpayment appears on screen.

Can I either A) capture the process after payment type has been selected and BEFORE it is sent for CC Auth. Or B) Adjust the authorized amount, and if need be, send it for a re-auth.

You should be able to select the payment and press adjust and adjust the amount charged to the CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back