Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha and OpenTable interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

encinitas

Technical User
Sep 6, 2005
US
Hello

we're using Aloha and OpenTable and have installed the interface between the two (on each of the terminals). It has been several weeks since the install, and it is not working. At the start, 9 of 11 terminals were not working, but 2 of them were updating the OpenTable server. Those two terminals happened to be Windows 2K3 Server (one being the Master, the other a fail-over Master). As of now though, not even those terminals are working. Both OpenTable and Radiant are pointing the finger at each other, as usual, so I am not getting anywhere.

Does anyone use this interface with Aloha/OpenTable? I am wondering how I can capture the network communication between the terminals and the OpenTable server, so I can see what kind of requests are being passed and/or denied.

thanks in advance

I have absolutely no idea what the real solution to this problem is, but it sounds like maybe its some sort of permission issue, with only nine terminals working and the other two not connecting. Things can get pretty goofy when you pass the 10 limit connection and have to start putting a server class operating system on the front of house terminals. I'd be looking at that. It's probably something simple being overlooked.

Unfortunately odds are, if you've got both your Aloha dealer and Open Tables working on it, unable to resolve the issue (and no replies on this forum), its unlikely that this is going to be something your going to be able fix yourself.

To have something "working with issues" is one thing-it if was supposed to work on all terminals, thats putting it a little closer to "not working at all".

You may need to light a fire under their butt and tell them it needs to be working on all 11 terms by x/x/x or they need to give you your money back.

it was actually the reverse- two terminals working, the rest not. We are running Win 2K3 server on two terminals (master, backup master) to bypass the XP restriction of 10 connections.

I heard back from OpenTable. Apparently the interface name was cleared out of the Aloha server and they entered it in. I haven't been to the site to verify but I hear at least some terminals are working now. I should find out more in the next few days. I'll post what I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back