Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 6.5.37 and new Server issue, MSR issue and trans.log issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maik Kontos

Technical User
Dec 12, 2019
US
Good Evening everyone. I have 3 questions.

1. I have aloha 6.5.37 with terminals 1220 and I have a windows 2000 NT server that was sold to us by one of the resellers when they upgraded our system. I dont know why 2000 nt but anyhow. My question is that I have a NCR solid state server that I brought on ebay and I called NCR to pay them to come hook it up and they will not because I didnt buy the server from them. So at this point I do not know what to do. Does anyone one here offer to hook the terminals with the newer server I have.

2. I have a terminal at my restaurant bar that says:
A security risk has been detected. The MSR is being accessed by an unauthorized application. FOH will not start until this is resolved. and has a okay button on it as well. I do not know what to do. I have to restart the computer and go into the MSR settings under control panel and start the start up services and then load aloha bat file to load aloha. How can I fix this?

3. Yesterday I was adding a button for Doordash under the payment menu. And I had to set the type of transaction(cash, check, cash card, etc). I was trying to get it to report as DoorDash under payments and I refreshed the system a couple of times which caused the trans.log to prevent the front of house from starting. I then backed up the trans.log and allowed it to create a new trans log file just to get the system up and running even though it was at the end of night. because my server is win 2000 nt, NCR cannot log in to fix my trans.log with command central and they cannot log in with any other way as to their protocol. How can I fix the trans.log and get my data for yesterday so I have my sales and my checks, and my employees hours visible on the back of house. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Maik

Hi Maik

Reach out to me. Contact info is on the website. I am sure we can get you all fixed up.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back