Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 6.1 IP network printer (Epson u220) setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromio

Technical User
Jan 26, 2007
US
I have configured an Epson U220B printer via ethernet. It works. I can print to it from the backoffice PC via windows. I also set it up via OPOS (running on a terminal) and it passes the tests and prints the config check. It shows up as "POSPrinter\TM-U220E_8". But how do I set this up in Aloha Manager to print as a printer form my aloha terminals?

I setup a "005 NetPrint" printer under Hardware->Printers with "None(00)" as the term. Then I changed routing for one of the terminals to be "005 NetPrint" I have tried all kinds of settings and nothing works? I've tried OPOS with name "POSPrinter\TM-U220E_8" and just "TM-U220E_8". I tried Windows Printer using "OPOS", "Windows Printer", "Epson U200". I searched all over and I can't find any documentation on how to set this up. Any help greatly appreciated.

Whatever terminal you installed the OPOS drivers on, that's the terminal you need to add in printers (where you declared it as NONE). In the OPOS interface on the terminal, you would have IP'd the printer (the IP address you assigned in the printer interface on your pc) and given the printer a logical name, I am assuming in this case is "NetPrint." In the printers area of Aloha Manager, select the printer to OPOS and enter your logical name in the space provided.

As a side note, go ahead and install the OPOS software on all the terminals and define your printer the same. Should the driving terminal ever crash, you can assign the printer a new terminal in Aloha Manager and run a refresh and your printer will be back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back