Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 3hr time offset BOH vs FOH

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeJay

IS-IT--Management
Sep 1, 2006
US
Ok Aloha gurus, I have an issue that has been bugging me.
The time on FOH terminals will unexpectedly change to BOH time minus 3 hours. At first, I thought it may be related to the 27 hour "day" that the system is set for but I've recently been digging into this again and it seems that it occurs when I remotely log into the system and work in Aloha (menu changes, reports, etc). It doesn't seem to happen every time though and it can also happen when sitting at the server and working in Aloha. I have noticed that doing file backups in the Aloha directory also has caused the time sync issue, although I haven't tested this recently.
Has anyone seen this before? I guess a fix would be to write a batch file but I'd rather find out why this happens and if it can be fixed in Aloha.

Really? Nobody has seen this before? So it must be unique to this particular system then. Hmmmm.

DJ

My system did this when I ran the Radiant DST update patch on the BOH server. After I updated the Master terminal with the correct DST settings and rebooted the Master, I refreshed the entire system, and everything came up with the correct time.

I am not sure if this is the same issue you are experiencing, but it seemed like more than a coincidence.

Change the time zone on the server to something else, reboot, change it back to your time zone and reboot. That should fix ya.
Also I am looking to unload two t88 printers if anyone is interested.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Thanks, zahead31 & Bo but this has been going on for a couple years I guess. I'm hoping the recent DST updates might have somehow 'fixed' the problem though!
In the meantime I'll try to trigger it and then try Bo's tip.

Bo how much for the printers? What condition age, etc?
Are they TM-T88III's ??

Dejay, email me direct bospruellatyahoodotcom.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back