Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allowing Team Leaders to Enable/Disable Users From Hunt Groups 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chauto

Technical User
Nov 4, 2011
GB
I'm using 11.1 with One-X Portal installed however we've never utilised it.

Our configuration of IP Office has many hunt groups with different users needing to be enabled/disabled from these every few days as an SLA changes.
Our users have 96xx deskphones and if it were one or two groups, or an all groups or nothing, I'd add buttons for the users phones. However there are more like 15 groups.

I am under the impression giving team leaders access to IP Office Manager would give them too broad permissions beyond this scope.

My testing today of One-X Portal appears to work fine to allow a user to enable/disable themselves from groups.

Rolling out access to One-X Portal will likely have pushback from all of management who despite having access to realtime information of the groups and scheduled reports (via Chronicall) won't like users being able to add/drop themselves at will.

Am I missing a simple solution to my issue or is my next potential solution seeing whether the developer API will allow me to do this so I can write a simple app for our management?

To follow this post up, I decided to go with the One-X Portal option to allow users to enable/disable themselves for groups they are allowed to via Menu Programming.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back