Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allowing outgoing calls locally. Option 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Wong

Technical User
Mar 18, 2017
CA
Hey there everyone,
I've just inherited the telephone tech position from a retired colleague. I'm still reading up and learning the system that's been installed 2 decades ago. One of my work site is requesting to have several units be allowed to dial out locally. Right now they can only dial to the main switchboard.

Would changing just the ncos be enough?
I'm not too sure if my predecessor installed any additional restrictions.

Any help would be appreciated. I've only done some minor programming ie changing names, time, enabling units.

It's probably best if you download the zip file from the link

Follow the instructions on capturing the extension data and also the networking data. You might also need to capture the FCR data in LD 49.

It will most likely just be an NCOS change and what you could do is to find an extension that can only make outgoing local calls and check it's NCOS and that it it has CLS = TLD. You could then try and change the restricted phones to see if it resolves the problem.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks Firebird and KC

I looked up another phone that had an outline and changed it to the same setting to the phone I needed it on.
I was trying to use the excel zip file and it's pretty overwhelming. Is there any youtube videos or a super dumbed down instruction??

Changing Keys on a 2006 is only done in LD 20? (that's the only way I found thus far) Is it required to enter "SCR + DN" into key 00 or can I just enter Key 0 + dn??

Thanks for the help.

You have to tell the system what kind of DN key, so, yes, you have to enter SCR or one of the following SCN, MCR, MCN...followed by the DN

Thanks firebird. Guess I'll have to put aside some time and play around with the excel file and go through it carefully.

Thanks for the reply Kroon. I'll make note of that.

Just to follow up with my original thread issue. I've changed the ncos parameters on a handful of units one at a time. Now my work has requested that all extensions to be allowed to be dial out. There are about 180 units. Is there a way to do multiple units at once? Or I'll just have to grind it out and do all 180 units one at a time.

You have a few options...
1. script it, but now you have to find scripts and how to use and run them
2. you can change the restriction level on the phone to allow the external call, 180 changes, one at a time.... or
3. You can change the restriction level of the system to match the phones, a single change.

I ended up using ld 81 to list all the phones with the low ncos, copied the text to notepad. With the list I went into ld 10/11 and changed each tn one at a time. Thank god there were only a total of 50 and not 180. It was a bit of work but I did it this way because I was more comfortable with it and seemed the easiest.

In ld 10
req chg
type
tn
when it asked for FEAT, I entered encos 1,2,3,4 etc
is the E required or ncos 1,2,3,4 etc will suffice??

It sounds as if you did the changes the long way!.

It would have been much quicker if you did e.g.

>LD 10
REQ: CHG
TYPE: 500
TN 6 6
ECHG YES
ITEM NCOS 1
REQ:

Also, from Version 19 onwards (I think?) you could press return after you do the first change at the REQ prompt and it should remember the "CHG" command you did. Pressing return again will also make the last set type be added in and therefore you can quickly make a number of changes on the command line.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

That's right....slow and steady wins the race right??? lol

yeah I noticed that after I changed the first tn, when I was doing all following tn I did NOT have to enter the TYPE. I could just had to press Return and it'll auto enter 500.
I didn't try it for the CHG command, I'll play around with it next time.

How would you have done multiple changes to the ncos? or would you have done the same as me and changed it one at a time?

For mass TN changes, Names and most other things, I tend to use script files and Procomm Plus works OK for me on all my Windows computers. I have done an FAQ that has a number of scripts in there.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

So far so good. No complains from anyone regarding my recent work with the phones. Thanks for all the help and the suggestions. I'm glad I found this site and have quick responses. I'm sure there'll be other issues in the future, so see you guys around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back