Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allowing Cisco VPN client through PIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBowen

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
Hi there,

I have a Win2000 server running Cisco VPN client trying to connect to a remote sites Cisco VPN server. I have located a Cisco PIX 515 but, although the VPN gets established, I cannot do anything after that (for ex, cannot ping their local addresses or access their servers)

Can anyone tell me exactly what I would need to configure on the PIX for this to work?

Thanks in advance

Daniel,

Daniel,

#1. make sure you are not NAT'ng any of your vpn traffic. you should have a NONAT access list that you can use for your VPN traffic.
something like
nat(outside)0 named-nonat-list

#2. make sure there is not a translation in effect for the ip your client is getting from the vpn pool, or if it is static make sure it is not being used.

#3. make sure your pix is allowing IPSEC/ISAKMP both in and outside.
sysopt connection permit-ipsec

That's all i can think of with limited info.

HI.

Do you have a static mapped ip address for the W2K server?
It should be "STATIC" with a registered IP address which is not the one used by the pix itself or something else.

You will need to permit the following traffic on the outside interface:

access-list fromoutside permit udp host VPNSERVER host W2KSERVER eq 500
access-list fromoutside permit esp host VPNSERVER host W2KSERVER

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back