Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow thru Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstresrt

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2004
US
I want too allow users to access our Citrix servers from home. I can punch a hole thru my Watchguard Firewall to allow citrix TCP port 1494 thru.

Is this safe?

How would you set this type of access up?

Check this out

Install Web Interfaces on a server in the DMZ, open port 443 to it. (This is the address your users will connect to) Allow 1494 access from the DMZ to the Internal network where your Citrix boxes reside.

You'll need Certificates, either 3rd party or your own (If own, you'll need to have all users install the "root" certificate on their local PC's.)

If you need more info, let me know.

JD

We are having a similar issue where we have everything setup on our firewall. We get IP addr ranges from the "customers" that need to connect to our Citrix farm. The majority of the time we encounter a problem on the customer's side where their security team does not allow outgoing traffic on port 1494. This creates a lot of confusion for the end-user and then the Security teams need to get involved and the whole process is tedious explaining how this needs to be setup in order for the users to connect to our citrix farm. Is there a workaround I can use to avoid this problem???
Desparate.
Steve C

Scover@ciena.com

If you setup Secure Gateway, the only port that needs to be open on the clients side is 443.

Secure Gateway is an add on product from Citrix.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

This is how I did it.

I am having my outside users connect with PPTP VPN connection and authenticate to our Watchguard Firewall. Once they authenticate to the firewall they must log on to our domain.

It works, seems to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back