Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow my other computers to access each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickM512

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
US
I have 2 computers on the internet and both run Zone Alarm with really any problem. But when it is active I cant use file sharing on the 2 machines. I have added the to each other in every wya I can think of but nothing works.

You'll need to allow Explorer to be able to pass through the firewall on both machines. This should do the trick.

AVChap

Zone Alarm has a setting that allows you to define your local Intranet [Security-->Advanced] which, in my case, is 192.168.0.0-192.168.0.255. WITHIN that Local network you can allow your computers to act as servers and have access.

-- The Rixter

Rick
I add Netbui to my protocol. This did two things, one bypassed ZoneAlarms and two is loads faster on a single segmented network. If you do not have a single segment, it will not work.

Doug Bentley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back