Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow multiple processes to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift838

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
US
I am developing a program that runs an old emulator for some older type video game systems.

I want to be able to allow the process to be launched multiple times or maybe up to 10 instances of this to be running at one time in separate windows.

My current code is:

Code:
Dim MessProcess As New ProcessStartInfo
        MessProcess.WorkingDirectory = txtMessDir.Text
        MessProcess.FileName = "mess "
        If cmbROM.SelectedIndex = 5 Then
            MessProcess.Arguments = sp & GV.rom & GV.joy & GV.slot2 & GV.slot3 & GV.slot4 & GV.slot5 & GV.slot6 & GV.slot7 & GV.slot8 & hdi & fdi
        Else
            MessProcess.Arguments = sp & GV.rom & " -gromport " & GV.cartconfig & ci & GV.joy & GV.slot2 & GV.slot3 & GV.slot4 & GV.slot5 & GV.slot6 & GV.slot7 & GV.slot8 & hdi & fdi
        End If

MessProcess.FileName = "mess.exe"
        Process.Start(MessProcess)

Unless there is some code in the processes you wish to run which makes them run as Singletons (one instance only) then subject to your machine's resources you should be able to run as many copies as you wish - again subject to the processes themselves not being coded to prevent this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back