Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow HR to edit user information in Global Address List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlh1

MIS
Mar 26, 2001
US

I need to allow the HR group to edit certain fields in the users account in active directory.

These changes need to update the Global address list in exchange 2010. I want to give the minimum amount of rights to accomplish this.

I have tried adding the HR user to the Microsoft Exchange Security Groups \help desk and the edit global address book.

Although this user can access the exchange 2010 ecp web site and edit the users phone, address these updates are not made to the active directory user or are updated in the Global Address List.

But if I view the record again the changes are there.

Any help to accomplish this would be great.

Jlh1

Sorry it took so long to get back. I will chenck the log files now.

jlh1

I checked the logfiles on the active directory and exchange server. There are no errors.

Maybe I’m going about it wrong.
I have the HR user making changes from Outlook 2010 address book.

What would the best way to allow the HR department to modify user information that is displayed in the Outlook address book.

The information is pulled from the Active Directory user information and I can make changes to the use with the Active Directory user management tool and the they are displayed immediately.

jlh1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back