Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow application to send through Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbusy

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
The voicemail application for my phone system has the capability to send messages to users when a voicemail is recived. I would like to implement this, unfortunately the email is sent via Outlook running on the voicemail pc and as I use Outlook 2003 each time it tries to send a notification I get a warning message. Its the standard message stating that a third party application is trying to send email and offering me the option to allow it for a cetain amount of time.

Does anyone know of a way to turn this off? Im quite confident in the ability of my AV software to protect me from viruses which might try to use this function.
If it isnt possible to turn it off, does anyone have a suggestion for a work around.
Thanks.

Go to Run> regedit HKEY_Current_Uer>Software>Policies>Microsoft> and then Add a key called Security and then a dwordvalue called CheckAdminSettings, value of 2 and hexidecimal.

I tried this but it didn't seem to do anything at all.

Im running XPP and Outlook 2003. Could this only apply to an earlier version?

I think it only works in an Exchange environment.

I am having the same issue.

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of that warning message and let Outlook be used automatically?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back