Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allocation restored 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smicro

MIS
Dec 26, 2002
US
Attempting to run a restore and receiving error status 10 allocation failed. the master server was recently upgraded from Veritas 5 MP6 to Veritas 6 MP4(HPUX11.11) Restores have worked but for this paricular restore receving status 10. The media needed is in the library bu noticed when I run bpmedialist I get below

bpmedialist -m CC0171
requested media id was not found in the EMM database
Also when I run nbemmcmd -listmedia -mediaid CC0171
The line that says Media Server is equal to NONE.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Sorry got this figured out, turned out memory was running out on server. Needed to restore one at a time. Thanks.

smicro,
I'll give you a star if you provide more information on how you determined the problem and the resolution.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Hi Bob,

I tried to restart the restore multiple times to no avail, then was watching the logs and kept seeing it stop part way through the read. Then through top and glance was able to see bp process maxing out cpu % so I decide to try and restore only one file to see if it worked(I was trying to restore 500GB before). The restore on 1 file worked and have been restoring piece by piece since. I got the EMM database issue resolved by running
bptm -makedbentry -m CC0171 -den hcart -poolnum 1 and now it finds the media server. I found the makedentry command on veritas website. The main issue however was memory as I took care of the emm issue first and still couldn't run the restore. Thanks.

Thank you!

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back