Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allocating 100MB to every site without it being shared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2003
US
We are just getting our full Sharepoint Services rollout begun withing my company, and I have a question regarding site space allocations. We want to allocate 100MB to each departmental site, and are trying to figure out the best way to do this without having to increase the overall space on the virtual server, and have it shared amongst departments. I believe we can accomplish this by creating a new top level site off of a virtual server (Central Admin page, manage virtual, create top-level site) creating virtualserver/sites/sitename, and specifiying our template that is set to 100MB. I know that obviously if you go to the actual site and create a child site, it will share space, but what about the way I am describing? Any insight on the best way to go about doing this would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back