Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allignment "Stuck" on Froce Justify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olytrader

Technical User
May 8, 2002
US
Seems like Pagemaker has a mind of its own, or I just have not been able to find that "Secret Code" to be able to set my own parameters. Sometimes it's stuck on a particular font, color, etc. I can highlight the text and select what I want, but after I have finished, it always goes back to an undesirable default setting. Does anyone know how to set the defaults for paragraph specifications so that it will STAY where you want it?

Did you already set your styles as you want them and PM is ignoring? Did you perhaps import other styles with your text? If you go to Type in the menu bar, and down to Styles, you can delete styles you don't want, and define the ones that you do.

hi,

Everytime you create a new document PM will see what the general settings are in the Pagemaker preferences file.
If you want to change the global settings than you start PM and without creating a "new" document you stroll around the menu. Everytime you see a menu item in black and not in grey you can change the settings for this item. You are able to change the font and so on. Now when you create a "new document" these settings will be the standard.
Another way is when you have some settings changed in a document and you want to kee those settings "save as" a template. This way you can make several templates for specific clients or jobs.

hope this helps
grillhouse

In the simplest terms...

If you have the text highlighted with the text tool and make a change, you are only changing the styles of that text.

If you do not highlight any text and make a change, you will then change those styles for that document only.

If you make changes with no document open, then those are global, and will now affect every new doc.

hope this helps When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back