Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All records not showing in access table that is linked to sharepoint list

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueman124

Technical User
Jan 24, 2016
US
I'm getting some bizarre behavior which is causing problems through the Database with queries and forms, etc. One or two of my lists, when viewed as tables when first opening the database sometimes show few or no records though the list has around 2500. I have understood that there may be a problem when the list size gets closer to 5000 and it could very well be that the size is causing the problem. However, I'm noticing that as soon as the list is sorted, the full amount of records show and all database operations function normally involving those lists.

I've seen a thread where someone had a similar problem and each time they refreshed or re-linked the list, all records showed. I think they built a code to automatically refresh the list when a button is clicked or the database is open as a workaround. Refreshing or re-linking the list does not work for me, But sorting does.

1) is this behavior the kind of thing I should expect because of the list size or is there another possible cause?

2) if it is, is there a way of improving the quality of the list somehow through sharepoint?

3) If the only thing that will work is re-sorting, does anyone have a suggestion for a code I can install somewhere to make that happen?

4) Is it time to give up on sharepoint (I hope not) and if so, where do I go next?

Any answers you guys can give would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back