Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All phones ring and won't stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkline98

Technical User
Jun 15, 2002
US
I have an IP406 v2 DS system with version 4.0(10) installed in a mobile TV production truck. We interface the system with up to 16 analog lines to various external networks. Some times we are connected directly to POTS lines, other times we are tied to extensions of another PBX system. This is the case at most sports arenas.

Occasionally, every phone in our IPO system rings. When you pick up any phone, that phone still continues to ring with all the others. You cannot push any appearance or line button to grab a line. Picking up any other phone will have the same results. The phone continues to ring with the receiver in your hand. The only way to stop the ringing is to power cycle the IPO system.

We do not have this happen every day, nor at every venue. On days when it does happen, it may only happen once, or it may happen repeatedly where we have to power cycle the IPO multiple times a day.

We have some thoughts as to the cause, and I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the following:

Could it be caused by a particular ringing pattern from the external PBX? Such as a different ring style for an in-arena call vs an "outside-the-arena" call?

Could it be caused by a particularly noisy POTS line? What about a voltage spike on a long run, or low voltage?

We have heard about other systems having a "crisis alert" mode. I can't see anything in the IPO docs or in Manager that speaks of a similar feature.

Lastly, could it be something with the 911 programming?

Thank you all for any help!

Tom

I have seen this before and also this is a know issue
it will be fixed in 4.1

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

it has to do with the analogue disconnect timers being wrong. we experience that a lot here in ireland. caller hangs up but the disconnect timer is wrong so the system does not know the call is gone, pain in the ass for voicemail AA and the phantom ringing you are talking about.

go to Trunks on the analouge card and play around with the disconnect clear timers. watch the status in monitor when you are doing this.

good luck!

Thanks, guys. I'll check the timers and be watching for 4.1

Tom

I have the same issue on an IP 500. Its only happening on the one huntgroup that uses analog lines. I always have to change the disconnect clear time before every install. I hope this fixes the issue. Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back