Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All of a sudden, 98s won't logon to w2k server!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCFAdmin

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2003
US
I'm pulling my hair out over this one....

I have 40 clients logging into a w2k server. 35 XP and 5 98s. I was using NAT on my firewall and each client had a local IP. I changed the firewall to standard so that each cleint has a public IP. The firewall serves DHCP and it is configured properly. All of my XP machines work perfectly, no problem.

Now all of sudden my 98s get the following error.

"The domain password you supplied is not correct, or access to your logon server has been denied"

I get this error if I log in as the admin and/or the user of that mahine. I did a release and renew. When I ipconfig it shows the correct DNS, gateway, subnet, ect. I can ping other machines.

This is absolutely ridiculous! Nothing was changed except the IP range and everything works except these POS 98s.

Any advise would be appreciated.....
Chaz
Thanks

If its the same problem I'm experiencing they will login when you reboot them, doesn't fix the problem but is a tempory work arround.

I still havn't resolved this one.

thread96-556197 DSCLIENT may be the solution. I will try that tomorrow.

I guess I FIXED IT for now....

I removed WINS and the use LMhost setting on the NIC.... Rebooted the server and troubled WS and it works now.

Very strange..

BTW, I did restart the WSs with no avail so I'll assume it had something to do with the WINS....

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back