Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All my php websites suddenly have some errors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

panatella

Technical User
Feb 10, 2004
CA
I've run php websites for almost a year and no problem at all. But since yesterday, all websites have one or more errors appear, something like:

1. when I try to login or log out, error message: "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 011DD6BA"

2. When using phpbb forum, I can't get into admin area, error message: "Warning: gmdate(): Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in ...\admin\index.php on line 582

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...admin\index.php:582) in ...\admin\index.php on line 582

Warning: gmdate(): Unexpected error in ...\admin\index.php on line 583

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...\admin\index.php:582) in ...\admin\index.php on line 583"

It makes me so frastrated. I checked system, no virus no spyware. Please help me!

Hiya,
are you hosting somewhere or is this local?
Did anything change? Upgrades of PhP, Apache, MySQL?
Any service packs (widdows?) .. always seem to spell that wrong [smile]

JR
As a wise man once said: To build the house you need the stone.
Back to the Basics!

Hi, JR. I'm using win 2000 advanced server sp4 and got full updated. It's my own server at home. Why did I call it was weird because I didn't change anything. IIS, MySQL.....nothing changed.

Windows Update changed something for you perhaps?

phpbb I am not familiar with.
The 'header' error most likely comes from your date problem.

What is the system date? Is it correct?

JR
Back to the Basics!

...\admin\index.php on line 582

what does this line say?

JR
Back to the Basics!

Oh, thank God! Finally I figured it out. You won't believe what happened to my server and what caused this lots of problems.

I checked my system date, found it was changed to July 1, 2040. (I have no idea who/what changed my system date). Then I changed it back, restart server. Everything goes back to normal. No php error, no pop-up window, norton goes well ....

That's really weird.

Well,
at least you know that in 36 years you will have a problem [smile]

JR
Back to the Basics!

That will be the next "Y2K" crisis in the computer world. Most software written in C and/or designed for UNIX have a little problem. The date is stored in a signed 32-bit field (I think it contains the number of seconds since the zero date of 1/1/1970). This number will overflow on January 19, 2038 and, unless things are fixed, programs will stop or die or do very stranges things...

Ken
(I use VMS ... it's date won't overflow until sometime after the year 10,000!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back