Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

all lines busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelunchpail

Technical User
Jul 20, 2003
CA
Is there any way to have the trunk status displayed on a fractional PRI
On the old analog trunks a line pool key would display when all trunks in a pool were busy
I have a customer whose PRI probably requires more trunks enabled but it is hard to confirm that is what is causing the problem they are having. I am told sometimes when transferring calls out they just seem to drop.
The receptionist says she has not lost any calls but some calls won't transfer out She does get a display "HUNG UP", and if she keeps trying the call will eventually transfer.
Is there any way for her to have a visual display when all trunks are busy? or a way to have all channels appear on a display.

Thanks

Some use SWCA keys, you might find a thread or two on that.

How many Channels?
Do user have DID's?

I am not sure if this would work but try:
If AA
assigning the target line/s to reception as Appear Only then put as many Appearances of that Target as there are Channels.

If human
Add more Appearances of that Target as there are Channels.

Maybe Hardware shows status too but cant recall.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Another option would be a busy study from the phone company or service provider depending on the provider's knowledge and expertise. Busy studies can provide very useful information during the course of the study. It can be 7x24 or 8x5 for the period selected. Peg counts by the hour, overflows or ATB, maintenance busy, etc. for the PRI. This is all based on conventional CO switches, like 5ESS, DMS10, DMS100, DCO, etc. I have no idea what these IP or soft switches other providers are using give you for traffic stats and related data.

NT never designed any traffic programs for the Norstar like they did for the Meridian PBXs. At times it can sure be helpful!

Hope this helps!
....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back