Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All left side lights stay on on my surestore dlt 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

niesiak

MIS
Aug 12, 1999
US
The drive was working fine for years and then yesterday, after a restart of the server (Windows 2003), all the lights on the left side stayed on (or kept flashing if case left open). It missed yesterday's backup due to drive hardware being offline. Is the drive fried?

I have a SureStore DLT 80 with the same issue. Moved it to the storage room for 6 months, then had to use it again. Worked fine until last Thurday (10-19-06). Worked great for about a month. Then the same thing happened (all left side lights are on)and device is shown off line in Backup Exec. v8.6. The software is to old and is not supported anymore, and the tape drive is in the same boat. Looked at the internet, and can't find anything. HP website didn't help either. I'm assuming it's toast. Don't have the time to mess with it.

Sorry I couldn't be anymore help, but at least you know that you ain't the only person that has this issue. If anyone knows what's going on, please let us know.

Thanks BernBoy,
I sort of figured it was dead but it's nice to know, I'm not the only one with a dead surestore DLT tape drive ;-) I don't remember which version of the software we have, but after few weeks of watching the "Christmas" lights (they do sort of look Christmasy when the server sits in a dark room ;-) while trying to come up with a new backup solution, I ended up with an external USB HD backup. Still using the same software and works great (and way faster than a tape drive). As for the surestore, I guess it was just it's time ;-) Thanks for answering.
Niesiak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back