Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All I want is CE10 Embedded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SueSp

MIS
Jul 26, 2004
US
I've been reading some of the posts on BO 11. Scares me. We currently use CE 10 Embedded only to deliver reports generated using CR 8.5 Advanced Developer via ASP, IIS6, and MS SQL.

I recently heard we won't be able to buy CE/CR10 soon.

What does this mean? What are the options? Can BO make this any more confusing/complicated?!? :(

Thanks.

tell me about it soul sister, i just went grey going from cr/ce 8.5 to 10, now they want me to do boe 11 and cr 11?? guess baldness is next...

I've never been happy with this product. You can make some trick reports and so on, but they don't make anything easy. From just registering the product to finding help!

Thanks.

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear of your experiences...I have been using Crystal ( CR, CE and Now BOE ) since it was Seagate and, while it is complex and sometimes 'picky', it has enabled us to web-enable over 3500 reports and make them available to our entire enterprise with only 3-4 active developers and 2 CE administrators..
( Me and my backup )- none of us doing it full-time...

The learning curve is a little steep ( for Enterprise especially) but , IMHO, worth the effort if you need its capabilities..

I have had only good experiences with tech support and it got better, in some ways, when Business Objects took over..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I learned at the BOBJ User's Conference they have a solution for Mid Market Companies who want to continue using Crystal Reports/Crystal Enterprise only....and avoid the cost of moving towards XI rel 2. It is called Crystal Reporting Server or in my terms Crystal Enterprise Classic. This is a concurrent based licensed product and is not scalable beyond one server. there are other restrictions you might want to investigate. I would talk to your account rep if you need more information.

kwarner
kent@tdcs.com

I have been using/managing Crystal since Info Server in 1997. I currently manage an 8 server, 4000+ user dual firewalled system and do consulting cross country as a sideline.

Support when you get through to BO, is pretty good. But BO has become preditory towards it's customers, and the ever changing package names, capabilities and other issues are driving me nuts also.

In 2007, CE/CR 10 will no longer be supported. Crystal 'Classic' is and option, and there are other options such as that sold at I'm currently eyeing this product for a specialized server deployment.

Sandy: Try starting a new thread, this is long since dead.

I glanced at the site you suggested (btw, you misposted it), and based on the presentation, lack of pricing information, minimal technical information, and grammatical errors, I would be apprehensive. It also appears to be dated as it states that Crystal Reports does NOT support dynamic picklists, when CR XI does.

Take a look at:

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back