Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All emails Modified date changed in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsitter

Technical User
May 21, 2004
GB
Trying to archive emails older than a specific date. It did not seem to work then determined it does it on modified date. Noticed all modified dates had changed to the same date. This was a total of 2000 emails and this is why my archiving was failing.Does anyone know what can cause this. Virus checked the PC.

Have you recently changed computers or have had your mailbox recreated?

When you import mail data (PST), all the modified dates of the email will be reset to the date of the import.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

No i have not changed computers or recreated the mailboxes.

What I can tell you is that around this time we were infitrated by the sasser virus. Could this have any impact?

Possibly... Sasser was known to go threw all your email and internet temporary folders to extract the email addresses from them.. it might of gone threw your emails and by doing so, modified them somehow.. but you might want to check an antivirus site like to see exactly what the payload is.. sasser has like 10 different versions that came out.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back