Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alignment of fields in forms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
Maybe this is a dumb question. I'm trying out Peachtree to see if it will work for my business.

When I print an invoice, the Quantity field is right Justified and the Item field is Left Justified. This mashes them together so there isn't any space between them. I can't imagine it being so difficult to change this, but I'm at a loss. The only alignment option I can find is the "title alignment". This seems silly to only be able to control the title.

For example (bad):
QUANTITY ITEM
12.00MHC-150
34.50MHC-185

How it should be:
QUANTITY ITEM
12.00 MHC-150
34.50 MHC-185

Any help is appreciated. I would sure like to abandon Quickbooks, it is a terrible terrible product.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

To change these, you need to go to design in the invoice. To get there, make sure you know which invoice you are working on (there are several choices as you will see, and you can make cutomized ones). Go to Reports>>Accounts Receivables>>Invoices/PackingSlips.

This last one is a folder where the templates are stored. You can right click on the invoice to change and choose design. You can then click on areas to change (ie, qty) and change from right justification to left or center. You can also change fonts and how numbers display (get rid of decimals if desired in QTY) among loads of other things. I used this to add our logo to the invoices and to get rid of extraneous fields. Using the same basic steps you will see all the other forms you can customize.

Hope that helps,
Chris Cripps

I know what you mean, I've been able to add logo and align most other fields.

But the fields that are out of alignment are in the main body of the invoice and part of another "Group" object that I can't seem to edit.

Am I missing something? Is there somewhere else that I can edit the Group objects?

Thanks.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Marv,

I went back to play with it. I see the problem you are having editing within the group, the justification is for the title only.

The work around I see, is to double click on the group and get the group properties to show up (or right click on the group and choose properties). Click on the # box on the quantity line. At the end of the line in the new box that comes up to show number formatting, add a couple (10 if needed) spaces (you might think blank spaces would not be read, but they do seem to show up on mine. Once I do this, the qty column moves to the left 2 spaces. This will separate the two columns with some space. You can play with column width if needed to get it right as well as title justification to try to line things up.

I think I hear the "Ahhhh" coming, but if not, let me know and I will see if I can do more to help.

Chris Cripps

Thanks, I was able to come to the same realization and just buffer the numbers with a few spaces.. Kind of Hokey if you ask me. I guess you do what you gotta do. I couldn't be the only one though that is thinking this..

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back