Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aligning text copied from word Pad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

primerov

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
BG

When i copy a text from the Word Pad ino a word document,sometimes the text doesnt fit properly
into the whole page and i have to adjust the lines manually, each line separately. I am sure there
must be a way to realign the whole text into the Word Document so as to fit the whole page.
Can somebody help me ?

Hi
primerov said:
...i have to adjust the lines manually, each line separately...
This confuses me. Exactly why would you have to maunally adjust each line separately?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When transmitting sheet music...
If it ain't baroque, don't fax it! [tongue][/sub]

Have you tried selecting everything and then changing the style?

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Yes, could you please clarify? Are you saying that the text has an unwanted paragraph mark at the end? This happens a lot with importing text files.

If this is the case, take a look at Skip's FAQ:

Get MS Word Copy/Paste-text to word wrap properly
faq68-1449

Gerry

Thanks for the pointer to Skip's FAQ, fumei But it doesn't explain what the ^p and ^m values are - I found that by trial and error. What I personally would like to know is what you enter to find shift-returns that you want to replace by paragraphs.

Actually I've just found that for myself. On Word 2002 Help, enter [Replace] and then select Codes for items you want to use and replace. I've been using Word 2002 for some months without suspecting that such a thing was possible. Does anyone know when it was introduced?

MS Word has been around for well over 10 years.

Here are the assumptions:
Lines ending with a single [end of paragraph] (^p), are to be considered part of the same paragraph, and the mark will eventually be replaced by a single [Space].

Lines ending with 2 or more [end of paragraph] (^p), are to be considered to be the end of the paragraph, and two marks will eventually be replaced by a single [end of paragraph].

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When transmitting sheet music...
If it ain't baroque, don't fax it! [tongue][/sub]

Skip you should probably be getting the stars...except that last pun is sooooooo bad. Although it still made me laugh. Where the heck do you come up with them?

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back