Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Align Stroke Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdichiara

Programmer
Oct 11, 2006
US
I have created a Circle and my align stroke options are disabled (inside, outside, center). I've noticed this happen randomly and have not figured out why sometimes i can change the alignment and other times, i can't. anybody know about this behavior?

Brian:

You say you created a circle, does that mean you drew it with the pen tool instead of using the Circle tool?

The reason I'm asking, is that the Circle tool would create a closed path, and I suspect your manually created circle may be an open path (the beginning and ending anchor may not be connected).

If the path isn't closed, the stroke align options will not work. This is logical, because what would the inside and outside be on an open path?

In the case of a shape that returns on itself like a circle, the logic seems obscure, but what if you stretched it out so it is open, then how would you do the math to decide what's in and what's out?

Bert

No, i used the circle tool. i even held shift to make sure it was a circle.

So if you start a new document, draw a circle, the option is sometimes disabled and sometimes not? Could it be there's some kind of effect applied? A style? A brush?

nope, just a 1 pt stroke black. solid white fill.

Brian:

If you care to send me a sample file that displays this behavior, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out your problem.

bert [at] itchybug [dot] com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back