Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aliases does not work in Mdeamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

veriono

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2010
GB
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and hoping I can get some help.

We have been using MDaemon/WorldClient v10.1.1 for a long time and didn't had this issue but it happened now.

Recently I have created two domains say gg.com and gg.co.uk, then created user email accounts say user1@gg.com, user2@gg.com.

Then created aliases user1@gg.co.uk = user1@gg.com, user2@gg.co.uk = user2@gg.com

Now the users are receiving their emails when sent to gg.com but to gg.co.uk. I have checked the DNS settings of that domains then their settings on the Mdaemon web interface. All the settings are same for both domains, therefore I am struck in here.

This kind of set up was made to other domains before and they are all fine. But for these domains the aliases are not working, and keep receiving the emails sent to those aliases as I am admin of those domains.

So please advise on this problem.

Thanks,
Shree

From what you explain this is working as designed, you have told MD that user1@gg.co.uk IS THE SAME AS user1@gg.com so any emails to user1@gg.com will go to user1@gg.co.uk as you told MD to do that in the alias...

Thanks for reply, SFXGroup.

Thats working fine now..but actual cause of the problem was that very silly ;)

I didnt put the correct "Nameservers" for gg.co.uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back