Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aliased folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDEdwards

Technical User
Apr 15, 2002
US
I have a folder aliased:

Alias /mechs/ "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/MechWarrior Vengeance/resource/variants"
<Directory &quot;C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/MechWarrior Vengeance/resource/variants&quot;>
Options Indexes MultiViews
Options +Includes
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

first off, is that done correctly? and second off, people arent able to download any of the files located in that folder. Have I done something wrong?

MDE

aye, okay good. Any idea why people wouldnt be able to download any of the files listed there?

What are the extentions of the files? It makes a difference to the browser. Some browsers will only try to download and archived file. Some will also try to download an exe but don't count on it, mine won't. I have access to both Windows and linux, so if you can create a temp dir just like the one you are trying to get to work and put the link here, I can try it and might be able to help you more. Other than that, you might try to use a downloader script. In the mean time, check out your logs and see what errors you get when you try downloading from that dir. Sorry I'm not much help.

it is not possible to download any files, even TXT files cannot be viewed/downloaded.

when they try to download a file, they get an error:

Not Found
The requested URL /mechs/file.txt was not found on this server.

-- Sorry for the multiposts!

Hi mate,

Use the following instead..

Alias /mechs/ &quot;C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/MechWarrior Vengeance/resource/variants/&quot;
<Directory &quot;C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/MechWarrior Vengeance/resource/variants&quot;>
Options Indexes MultiViews
Options +Includes
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Hope this helps Wullie

OK - now we're gettin' somewhere. :eek:) I think apache is having fits from those spaces in the path. Try a backslash to see if that helps. For example: Program\ Files and Microsoft\ Games.

aye, thankyou, I had tried that right after I posted the previous post, but then my internet went down (darn company!), so I was unable to post my fix! Thank you anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back