Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alias not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

asm338s

Programmer
Jul 16, 2001
US
I am making a report based on a previous report created by the program. Earlier report is made using cursors - say cursor1.

I copied the layout of the previous report as the new report is supposed to look exactly like the old one. When I run the new report I get an error saying "alias cursor1 is not found".

I checked all the labels, textboxes, variables, data grouping, and data environment. I never even use anything called cursor1. Do I need to check somewhere else?

I would first check your .frx for the occurrence of 'cursor1'. Likely it's lurking there somewhere.

Jim

I've seen this one here before. I suspect that if you hack the report (open the .frx as a table and browse it), you'll find references to the old cursor. (After making a backup copy of the report,) try deleting these references and running it again.

Dave Dardinger

Hi
New report is based on the cursor "Cursor1", because you copied the layout of the previous report. So you should create cursor "Cursor1" before you run report or create it
in the Method "BeforeOpenTable" of the report.

JimStarr: I have checked the report more than twice and I can't find cursor1 anywhere.

Dave: How do you open a report as a table?

Gogita: What do you mean by creating cursor1? Are you saying that I should put all the data in cursor1 and change everything in the report, or should I make an empty cursor.

Dave: Well I figured out how to hack the report. Is there any specific colulmn I need to look in or all the memo fields.

Check all of them.

GOTO TOP
LOCATE FOR 'cursor1' $ memo1
GOTO TOP
LOCATE FOR 'cursor1' $ memo2
etc.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back