Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alias not found woes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsz

Programmer
Jul 30, 2002
CA
We are having trouble with one of our applications. There is a timer that fires the refresh of a form. It fires every 10 seconds.

Maybe once every other day error number 13 occurs ( "Alias is not found" ) The error only occurs on one of the tables?

Does anybody know of any rhyme of reason as to how or why this error occurs? Also note there is no where in the code that closes the table!

No idea, there just isn't enough information for me to make an educated guess. However, given that the problem seems to be rather predictable for you... Put some code in your Error Handling routine that will trap for Error 13 and take appropriate steps to remedy the problem...it may be that the alias really doesn't exist and needs to be opened again, or maybe VFP is just losing it's mind and doesn't see that the alias is there. At the very least you could trap for the error and then dump all the information from the variables and workareas at that point into a text file and get a good look at what is going on at the time of the error.

boyd.gif

[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

I guess i should have been more specific. Craig what you provided me with is what i want :p. Ways to debug and get rid of this error. Thanks!

I didn't see a sample error routine in this forum, there is one that you can probably use without too many changes on the older FoxPro forum faq182-4156.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back