Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALGSL & UM4730

SamThePhoneMan10

Technical User
Jul 17, 2020
US
We are having a weird predicament in my workplace were certain extensions built off of our SV9500(v8) can only access the opening box for f the voicemail (UM4730). This only occurs for some of our extensions that have ALGSL programmed for them. Removing AlGSL allows for the extension to successfully reach subscriber and transaction boxes on voicemail. Adding ALGSL back causes it to break again. Rebuilding the extension with a new LEN doesn’t help. If change the extension number on a the same LEN it works.

Why are you using ALGSL and how are you programming it?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

and what integration are you using to the UM4730?

We use ALGSL for our third part SIP devices so they can sip register to the SV9500 and on our DT800/DT900’s we use it to assign the SIP recording license which we use ATSRL. When I say integration i may be using the wrong term but when some of these extensions call transaction boxes they’re continuously routed to the opening box of the UM4730.

FYI
The UM4730 is virtualized in our ESXi environment.

UM4730 could be integrated by Lan based MCI or SIP stations. Serial integration is probably out because the system is a VM.

Is this new a new development?

It’s integrated via SIP stations we build out with AISTL. We have 70 ports built like that in the voicemail.

Look on the desktop of the UM4730 is there a utility that that will allow you to see the integration packets as the calls come in? Integration monitor or something like that. It has been awhile since I worked on one. If there isn't a tool in this one you will need to look for the logs. There has to be a difference in how the extension that is calling is presented to the UM4730 when using ALGSL vs non ALGSL. Actually if you are using the same number in ALGSL any difference would seem like it shouldn't exist but something is not the same. I think the only way to track that down is to see what the UM4730 sees.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back