Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Algo 8301 paging gateway with Valcom 2006A and Ring Central Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpolley1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2009
US
Does anyone know Ring Central Phones very well? They are a Hosted IP Solution that my customer has. They wanted to integrate there RC phones with there paging system via an Algo 8301 gateway. I have the Algo hooked up to a Valcom 2006A multi zone controller but the issue is we are not getting DTMF passed through the RC phones to the Algo gateway which would allow the Valcom to break the page tone and allow it to page to a zone. I can check the Algo logs and do not see anything that says "Received DTMF signal:2" etc. Supposedly the RC phones are not passing the digits and I certainly don't hear them on by butt set either. I assume there is an allow DTMF tones or something on these RC phones. Unfortunately I don't manage these RC phones and want to bring some knowledge to the customer.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Thanks

Clint Polley

Clint Polley

This is a Norstar forum, your best to post this in the appropriate forum.

"I certainly don't hear them on by butt set either"
Assume you mean from the "line level output" of the Algo device?

A quick read of the manual I see "Generate In-Band DTMF Tones"
If enabled, plays DTMF tones to the analog output during a SIP call to allow interoperability with DTMF-controlled multi-zone amplifiers

Did you enable it?

I might call Algo first to see if you have the correct device for that application as well give you some test's/options to perform.
If they do not use the page zones etc then maybe the 8180 was a better choice, I have installed that once but not with a Page Zone Module.

If you are sure that nothing is being sent to the Algo then I would suggest to open a ticket with the carrier to see if they can change any DTMF settings.

You could also have just one IP set connected to the Algo to see if it works, if it does its down to carrier, sets or network switches/routers.

Outta Ammo!

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks Curly Cord
I was thinking it was a general discussion forum I'll double check next time.

I was working with Algo tech support (who are really great and will log into your pc as well to check your settings) and they looked into the logs on the Algo and could not see touch tones from the Ring Central phones. I was really wondering if anyone has worked with Ring Central hosted phones much and if there was a enable DTMF option on the phones similarly to the Algo. This customer has 4-5 zones other wise I would def had went with something more simple and cheaper. I'll get to searching for that Algo forum as well haha

Thanks for the help I always appreciate another viewpoint

Clint Polley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back