Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

IODDP

Technical User
May 28, 2003
AU
How do I increase the scroll rate on Alex? It is so slow when viewing sections like ASPAP that it is impossible to use. I am using Alex 6.1 ,windows 2000 pro,Internet explorer 6. The libraries are on the C drive and the Temp file is located on the C drive

Mine is win2000 but my explorer is version4 and my alex is
version 2.1 and works okay. Probably your first step is to reinstall your Alex and your data base.

I use Win2000, IE6, cache=C:\Temp, Alex and DB - C:\Program Files. Scrolling O.K.

there's a bug in alex starting from version 2.3 and higher.
go to AS paramater section and watch cpu utilization in your task manager . you'll see that the cpu jumps up to 100% making the pc very slow. go to another section in alex and cpu util. goes down. I have latest version of alex installed and I still have this bug. we have a fault report open on metrix for this problem.
so only way to solve problem the now is to reinstall alex 2.1...

cheers

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back