Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alerts and Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammer1221

Programmer
Jul 30, 2003
US
Hi, is it possible to take out the sound an alert makes whenever it pops up...or simply change the sound. I'm thinking no since it is a sound the browser makes and if this is the case would it be possible to override the sound by like having your script play a sound each time an alert happens which would make the traditional sound go away.
Thank you,
Jammer1221

I'm pretty sure you cannot.

For MSIE, I have used modalDialog() to create alert-like prompts with different image and no sound.

----------
I'm willing to trade custom scripts for... [see profile]

Ok, thats what i thought. Using a dialog box is a good alternative except you can't use it in other browsers besides Internet Explorer...o well...thank you for your post any ways
jammer1221

You can remove the sound an alert box makes when it pops up, but not via script.

You have to go into Control Panel, Sounds, and then remove the alert sound, or choose the No Sounds scheme.

Hope this helps!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back