Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alert Manager with Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbox

MIS
Apr 16, 2002
US
I am looking for some help getting Arcserve to send an email message after job completion and have narrowed the problem to the Alert Manager configuration. I have followed the info I have found on the CA site. I have the service starting with an account with the 'Log on as Service' permission. I have created the item under the Exchange alert item and when I try 'send a test message', it fails with 'Failed to send email -2147219963'.

Is there something I am missing in Alert Manager to get it to work with Exchange 5.5 ? I think I understand what to do in the ArcServe job if I can get the Alert Manager working.

Thanks

Load outlook onto the Arcserve server. Create an outlook profile with the same name as the Arcserve exchange agent (might be dbagent). In alert manager put in the details of your exchange server (Configuration/Arcserve/MS Exchange /MS exchange settings. Put in Domain/Mailbox etc. Then logon to mail system and send a test mail.

hope this is helpful!

Thanks. I was using Outlook Express and I couldn't get the Exchange credentials in Alert Manager and ArcServe to work correctly. When I use Outlook, the can then choose the profile name as created in Outlook in both places and it works.
Thanks

dear bbox,
I too had the exact same issues until I escalated this issue through James Harrison, who is a support manager at CA.
He got his Techs into this issue and I resolved it quickly by using an Internet email address 'bobfosse@dance.com' eg.

When you are able to open the email address book to choose a name, just type in the smtp email address you should be able to receive emails/logs/notifications at end of job just fine.

If you are not getting to your email server, setup all logins to server, services, mail boxes to be identical in username and password, cases.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back