Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarm outcall to cell phones via call pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieDuece

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2006
US
Here's what I need to do in a short period of time. I have a dialer hooked up to a alarm system. When the line of sight is interrupted, the alarm triggers the dialer, which then calls 2 separate cell phones until one is answered. The dialer then plays a burglery in progress message. The dialer works alright, but now they want to add additional numbers to be dialed. What I would like to do is create a application in Call Pilot for the dialout numbers. So when the alarm is triggered, it would dial the call pilot DN, and perhaps hit a application that would outcall to 3 or 4 cell phones, and play the burglery in progress message. Anyone have any ideas or configurations like this? Thanks in advance.

1. Have the dialer call a couple of phantom mailboxes and record the "burglary in progress" as a message.

2. Set those mailboxes to remote notify the cell #'s you want called.

I ended up doing this in Meridian Mail, so I could use 1 mailbox, and have it call out to multiple cell phones. That way, if the first number called responds, then the other two don't even get notified. Seems to be working allright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back