Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarm Fan-code 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
Anyone have experience with an MSS Fan alarm code 1/2? Alarm generates and clears with nothing visible that is not spinning. Support is indicating a code 1 is a false alarm and code 2 is fixed with a patch to update the RPM threshold. However, that patch is for a 3.1 and mine is a 5.1. The tech was to send this off to backbone... I didn't get lucky w/where the ticket landed and am struggling that this is sw related and not one of the actual modulated fans.
The box hasn't been rebooted in accordance with the documented reboot schedule and I'm nervous that's where they're going to go next.

If anyone is out there... the modular fans in my mss were sent out for replacement. the comcodes that arrived are 700405749, which look accurate for the s3500 server. When we opened the chassis to do the swap the fans had a different color handle and have some different values on the actual fan than the replacement. the replacement fans say: FD128032HB/DC12V/0.37A and the current fan says FD128032EB/DC12V/0.63A. would anyone know if these are compatible.. can be mixed ??

Who sent you the replacement ? The volts are the same so i don't think it would cause any issue to use it.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

AVAYA shipped 1 replacement fan and I actually had a spare mss chassis with the same fans as the AVAYA replacement. The AVAYA tech who was dispatched wanted to replace all the fans, but I didn't think that was the right thing to do. Upon opening the chassis, one of the fans was clearly rattling/making a noise so that's the one that was replaced. Since the alarms were coming and going in inconsistent time frames... sometimes coming back in 5 mins and other times not coming back for a few hours I didn't know if replacing that fan fixed the issue. This morning and all through today the alarms were clear so looks like it's good now, but wasn't sure if mixing the different fan was ok or not. And of course the dispatched tech had no idea and wanted to just replace them all.. and of course since this wasn't a high severity they wouldn't get a backbone guy on the phone w/o charging me... meanwhile the case was already with backbone from Monday.. in any event, thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back