Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarm Codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbower

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
I'm back with a question on my SL-1XT R17. I have two codes. the First is CED070 and the second is CED 200 1. I understand that the PBX is not switching at midnight. However what is involved in fixing this issue? Does it require powering down? This old beast has not been shut off for more than 15 years and who knows if he will come alive if that happens. I have 3000 users so shutting down at this point is not an option. So what options do I have?

Jerry Bower
Stategic Telecommunication

stat ext might be a good idea.. your standby side has a problem.. non critial but is you ever have a problem on the active side.. 3000 users will wait for parts to come in. you can fix the standby side with the switch up.. i would put my active in maint (faceplate) and test everything on the standby side, replace the faulty cards take the active out of maint, rdun will autostart and you will be back to a 71... (as opposed to a very large 51).. putting the active in maint just tells it not to attempt to scpu's.. then do the test and replacement on low traffic... (make a couple of extra backups) have your install disk and keycodes handy incase of a worse case problem... if you have those on hand you want need them, if not you will spend time finding them... rls 17 was a stable rls, it is old.. i guess your still using 286 black and white pc's?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back