Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarm Code 40592

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
I have Call Pilot Version 5. About once a week I receive the critical alarm 40592. When I look up this alarm in the CPMGR Alarm Manager, the description is:

[blue]Event Code: 40592
Severity Info

Description An event was logged in the Windows NT System Event Log. Fault Management detected it, and is reporting it here. The severity of the event depends on the severity that was logged in the System Event Log. It is not always Informational.

Impact The impact depends on the event that was logged. The system log is generally used to record driver and system events. There may be a significant impact to the system.

Recovery Action Examine the reported event to see if any action should be taken. Check whether there are other events occurring at the same time that contain specific actions.

Technical Support Action Examine the reported event to see if any action should be taken. Check whether there are other events occurring around the same time that contain specific actions.[/blue]

So when I look up the error in the server's event viewer,it gives me the message
[red]Event from [] , Event: ID=10009, Description: DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer 172.16.2.87 using any of the configured protocols.[/red]

The system seems to be functioning normally, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned with this error or not.

Thanks.

I reported this same error to our service tech and he told me this was common and it just sends this error and not to worry about it. 703t with cp4 here.
Not much help there.

dabble....TOVERBO is dead on the money that error is
nothing to worry about as long as you are having any troubles.i get worried when i dont see that error.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

OK. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back