Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarm 44-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceheide

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
OK, We moved a Norstar MICS 6.0 system to a new location. Telco vendor is providing an integrated T1 for voice and Data. Old location same exact setup nothing changed in the new location except vendor put in a new T1. same configuration.
Now very intermittantly the attendant station will get an alarm 44-0 on the display. This will of course happen after it drops the call in progress.
Can any body point me to the error codes or tell me what the error code means. the telco says it is my equipment that is the problem and that he is seeing crc4 errors from my CSU. the only problem is that I am clocking off their equipment and they are providing the CSU on their VINA thechnolgies box.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

44 according to nortel is problem with the CO ...

clocking off of the CO is not a problem, thats how it should be done.

better to work with a vendor and troubleshoot

CRC ERRORS NORMALLY COME FROM A MISMATCH MOST LIKELY LINE CODE TYPE. GET WITH YOUR PROVIDER AND MAKE SURE YOUR BOTH ON THE SAME PAGE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back